Job Title: Ward Manager / Clinical Lead
Salary: £43,993 - £49,587 + continuation of NHS pension (T&Cs apply)
We are looking for a kind, compassionate and highly motivated individual to lead an ‘Outstanding’ specialist palliative care team as a Ward Manager/Clinical Lead – RN Adult.
The site is located Berkshire and consists of a 15-bed hospice of individual ensuite rooms, providing specialist end of life care and symptom control for patients in their final weeks and days.
In line with national health and social care priorities you will uphold the highest standards of care and quality of patient safety, clinical effectiveness, and compassion. As a clinical lead you will be supported by two Team Leaders who are both experienced palliative care nurses, alongside the support of the Head of Quality and Inpatient Services.
The staffing levels always reflect the high dependency environment with three Nurses and up to four HCAs on shift. The service is rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC.
This is a highly rewarding career that allows you to establish longer nursing relationships with your patients and their families.
Ideally you will have previous experience in Palliative Care/Oncology, but a strong medical background with management experience will be considered.
You must have:
- Current NMC registration as an RN Adult
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in supporting and motivating teams through change
- Enhanced pay for unsociable hours
- Continuation of NHS pension & holiday allowance (T&Cs apply)
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- 27 days’ holiday increasing to 33 with length of service + bank holidays