A Birmingham hospital for surgical and elective healthcare is now looking for a Theatre Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner to join the team in delivering cutting-edge perioperative care.
Benefitting from an extensive investment programme that has kept its facilities, technology, and equipment at the forefront of the industry, the hospital is able to offer both NHS and self-funded patients advanced procedures at the highest standard of care. Across 5 theatres and a minor operations room, the team regularly performs:
- A whole range of orthopaedic and spinal surgeries
- General surgeries, including vascular and breast
- Gynaecological and urological procedures.
- And other complex surgeries, such as for cardiac and cancer-related needs.
Surgical provisions are tightly coordinated with the wider services provided by the hospital, including comprehensive imaging, pharmacy, and physiotherapy services, and the team is proud to contribute to region-leading services for endometriosis and fertility care.
Whether your interest lies within Scrub, Anaesthetics, or Recovery, as a Theatre Practitioner with the hospital, you will be able to provide compassionate and effective perioperative care not always seen elsewhere alongside an experienced and diversely skilled team.
This is a permanent, full-time (37.5h) Theatre Practitioner position.
- (Essential) Registration with the NMC (Registered Nurse, RN Adult) or the HCPC (Operating Department Practitioner, ODP)
- (Essential) Previous experience within the operating theatre environment
- (Essential) Willingness to engage in further learning & development
- (Desirable) Previous general/gynae/urology scrub experience
Benefits and enhancements include:
- Modern environment with evident and ongoing investment
- Private healthcare scheme, covering pre-existing conditions
- Sector-leading, fully-funded CPD opportunities (incl. industry-recognised qualifications and leadership development)
- Friends & Family hospital discounts
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with length of service
- Enhanced benefits for new parents
- Non-contributory life assurance
- Access to substantial retail and leisure discounts, including the Blue Light Card
- Employee Assistance Programme for wellbeing support
- Employee referral and recognition schemes
- Private pension scheme
- And more!