£11.00 - £11.48 per hour DOE
A leading Welsh charity is now looking for a Mental Health Support Worker to join the team and help support local people in Treorchy to live independently and stay connected.
The charity provides comprehensive aid to vulnerable people with mental health, addiction & related conditions who are facing difficult circumstances, such as with substance misuse, the criminal justice system, or loss of sufficient housing/employment.
As a Support Worker, your role will be dynamic and varied from day to day as you support people who need some extra help to manage their health needs, live independently, and pursue new life goals. Available specialties include:
- Housing Service Support Worker (37.5h) & Senior Support Worker (18.5h) – supporting individuals experiencing difficulties with their mental health and substance misuse to gain independent living skills in a shared/supported accommodation setting. If regular hours wouldn’t work for you, bank hours are also available.
- Transport Service Support Worker (15h) – enabling carers, family members, and friends to visit their loved ones at Royal Glamorgan Hospital when they would otherwise be unable to travel and see them.
Candidates must have:
- previous experience in providing care and/or mental health support.
- a valid UK driving licence for work-related travel needs.
NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care is preferred but not essential for Support Worker roles.
NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care or evidence of career progression within care is essential for Senior Support Worker roles.
- Company pension
- Mileage reimbursement (role-dependent)
- Potential for flexible shifts
- Full training and development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Life assurance policy
- Employee assistance services
- Employee prize draws
- Retail and leisure discount scheme
- DBS and SCW registration fees paid for
- Cycle to Work scheme