£20,041.31 - £21,507.75 p.a. (pro-rata) + enhancements
A leading Welsh charity is now looking for a Mental Health Support Worker to join the team in supporting local people in Wrexham to live independently and stay connected.
The charity provides comprehensive aid to vulnerable people with mental health, addiction & related conditions who are facing difficult circumstances, such as with substance misuse, the criminal justice system, or loss of sufficient housing/employment.
As a Support Worker, you will help provide expert personal care, wellbeing support, and advice and guidance to people who may need that extra encouragement to self-manage their health needs, live independently, develop their relationships, and pursue new life goals.
Roles for Support Workers vary across the area, and include:
- Housing Support Worker (30h) & Senior Housing Support Worker – supporting individuals struggling with mental health and substance misuse to gain independent living skills in a shared accommodation setting.
- Floating Support Worker – supporting individuals with complex mental health needs to live independently in the community, including attending appointments, pursuing social, leisure and educational opportunities, and improving financial and physical security.
- Tenancy Outreach Worker (22.5h) – supporting individuals with complex mental health needs to maintain their tenancies or source suitable accommodation, including providing 1:1 support to gain key independent living skills.
Each Support Worker role is a permanent role, ideally full-time (37.5h/week) except where specified.
Enhanced pay rates will be offered for any evenings, sleep-ins, weekends, and bank holidays.
You must have previous experience in providing care and/or mental health support.
You must be able to drive or reliably commute.
You must have NVQ Level 3 or evidence of career progression within in a care role for Senior Support Worker roles.
NVQ Level 2 is preferred but not essential for Support Worker roles.
- Pay enhancements for unsocial hours
- Company pension
- Mileage reimbursement (role-dependent)
- Full training and development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Life assurance policy
- Employee assistance services
- Employee prize draws
- Retail and leisure discount scheme
- DBS and SCW registration fees paid for