Job title: Speech and Language Therapist
Salary: Up to £45,000 per year + benefits
Hours: Permanent, Full-time
Make a real impact on the lives of children with ASD and associated conditions alongside this specialist charity.
A leading national children’s charity is looking for a dedicated Speech and Language Therapist to join their purpose-built, state-of-the-art Staffordshire centre, where they provide specialist services, equipment, therapies, and treatments to enable children to lead active and independent lives.
As one of the largest and fastest-growing voluntary providers of specialist equipment and support, the charity is now looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to join the multi-disciplinary therapy provision as part of this exciting period of expansion.
As a Speech and Language Therapist with the charity, you will work within the collaborative MDT to provide a dynamic autism specialist service to young people aged predominantly between 4 and 11 years old; you will conduct specialist assessments of communication, formulate and implement intervention strategies that may include social stories, PECS and TEACCH, and provide expert advice and resources to children and the parents and carers. In doing so, you will foster a nurturing environment that encourages and supports language learning and the development of communication skills.
You must have valid registration with the HCPC as a Speech and Language Therapist.
You must be a member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
You must have previous experience of working with autistic children and children who have learning disabilities.
- Flexible start and finish times (in-line with policy)
- Excellent collaborative working environment, within a purpose-built neurodiversity-friendly building on a university campus location
- Free on-site parking, including free charge points for electric cars
- Great work-life balance
- Above statutory minimum annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Occupational sick pay
- Employee health and wellbeing support - including an Employee Assistance Programme, free on-site exercise classes, walking and running groups
- Social events
- Opportunities for training, development, and support for CPD
- Organisational pension scheme
- And more!