A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Clinical Pharmacist to join a leading specialist hospital in Birmingham!
The hospital is recognised as a centre of expertise, providing opportunities at the cutting edge of research and specialist care. This is your place to be at the heart of the city – and experience national reach and global reputation.
As a Specialist Clinical Pharmacist within Clinical Trials you will grow a thriving career and unlock your potential, unique and vast specialisms provide opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. No matter the career path you choose – you’ll have unwavering support for your ambition and a real investment in your learning.
You will have experience in working within a busy hospital environment, either within rotation or specialising within your chosen area (Band 7 NHS AFC or above). Experience within chemotherapy/oncology will also be beneficial.
This is a Full-Time role; however Part-Time/Job Share may also be considered for the right candidate.
There may also be the option for flexible remote-working, depending on the individual.
There is discounted parking close to the site, and the hospital also has great transport links.
- (Essential) GPhC-accredited MPharm degree or equivalent
- (Essential) Valid GPhC registration
- (Essential) Experience within clinical hospital pharmacy services
- (Essential) Understanding of chemotherapy/oncology services
- Generous holiday and special leave allowances: a minimum of 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, rising to 29 days after 5 years of service.
- The NHS is one of the very few employers that still offer a retirement package based on either your final salary or a percentage of your pay over your whole career. This is fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government. Every new employee automatically qualifies.
- 52 weeks maternity leave with a maximum of 39 weeks maternity pay and up to 2 weeks paid leave per child subject to eligibility.
- Sick pay up to a maximum of 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay, dependent on length of service and previous history.
- 3 working days paid leave per annum (pro-rata) to support dependents’ illness or emergency breakdown of care provisions.