Skin Cancer Screening Nurse – RN Adult
£52,500 per year (inclusive of bonuses/commission)
An award-winning skin cancer screening & mole removal service has a fantastic new opportunity for a Registered Nurse (Adult) to join the team at their growing screening clinic in Central London. CQC-registered and fully “Good”-rated, the clinic offers accessible, clinically excellent examinations with rapid turnaround times to both NHS-referred and self-funded patients, with the purpose of detecting skin abnormalities and cancers as early as possible for the best treatment outcomes.
As a Skin Cancer Screening Nurse with the clinic, you will join a highly skilled MDT of skin health professionals, including fellow specialist nurses, dermatologists, and surgeons. Previous dermatology experience is not necessary as in-house, RCN-accredited training will be provided to enable you to become proficient in the use of dermoscopy and skilled in identifying early skin cancers and atypical lesions.
Your role will involve:
- conducting in-depth full body skin checks and mole mapping using dermoscopy and imaging techniques,
- assessing and discussing with patients their personal risk for skin cancer,
- providing detailed advice and guidance regarding Atypical Mole Syndrome and other risk factors,
- recommending appropriate follow-up care, and
- supporting consultants in a treatment setting.
As a specialist nurse for skin cancers, you will be able to join the British Dermatological Nursing Group and will have multiple annual CPD opportunities. You will also receive full support with revalidation.
The clinic has a generous bonus and commission structure for its Screening Nurses; on top of a base salary from £42,500 p.a., you will earn on average an extra £10,000 per year, for an overall gross yearly income of around £52,500 p.a. inclusive.
This is a permanent, full-time role for a Skin Cancer Screening Nurse (5 days/weekdays only with one shorter Saturday shift, on average, once per month).
You must be a Registered Nurse (Adult) with a valid NMC PIN.
You must have at least 4 years’ post-qualification experience.
You must have a high level of IT proficiency.
Previous dermatology experience is not essential as you will be supported through all appropriate training.
- Bonuses and commission pay – typically around £10,000 per year
- 28 days of annual leave per year, plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Perkbox benefits
- Staff & Family discounts within the group of companies
- Learning and development opportunities