Service Director - Healthcare
£65,000 per year
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an outstanding Senior Healthcare Manager to lead a dedicated neurological care service in Aberdeen as the Service Director.
The Neurological Care Centre provides specialist medium- and long-term care, rehabilitation, and disability management services for adults with a range of neurological conditions, such as Huntington’s disease, MS, and Parkinson’s disease. After having successfully expanded, the Centre is now looking for a Service Director to ensure the service continues to provide the highest standards of care and to meet the evolving needs of service users.
As the Service Director, you will be able to utilise your management expertise to the fullest extent. You will be responsible for:
- the overall leadership and strategic management of the Centre.
- making key strategic and financial decisions for optimum long-term performance.
- fostering a culture of accountability and inclusion.
- building strong relationships with local commissioning bodies and senior healthcare professionals within and without the organisation.
Under your leadership, the Centre will continue to keep patients and families at the heart of the service, providing the physical, emotional, and social support patients need to achieve the greatest quality of life.
This is a permanent, full-time (37.5hrs) role for a Healthcare Service Director. Some on-call and flexibility may be required as per service needs.
You must have a significant healthcare management background; this may include clinical and/or operational experience.
You must have a proven track record of managing successful services in a similar setting.
Previous experience of neurological or specialist palliative care is preferable but not essential.
- Continuation of NHS pension & holiday allowance (T&Cs apply)
- 27 days’ holiday, increasing to 33 with length of service, plus bank holidays
- Options to buy and sell annual leave days
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity & paternity benefits
- Carer’s leave policy
- Employee assistance and wellbeing schemes
- And more!