Senior Health Care Assistant HCA
£11.15 - £11.66 per hour DOE + 30% unsocial hours enhancements
A fantastic opportunity is now available for an experienced Health Care Assistant (HCA) to join a community care hub near Sandy as a Senior Healthcare Assistant.
The care hub provides around-the-clock support – from pain and symptom management to emotional and practical help – to individuals with life-limiting conditions and their families within their own homes. The service makes a real difference to people who need excellent specialist care but wish to stay in their most familiar and comfortable place.
As a Senior Health Care Assistant with the care hub, you will:
- develop skills in specialist end-of-life care (full training and development provided).
- visit individuals in their homes to deliver tailored in-person care.
- offer occasional telephone support and advice to patients, families, and other care professionals.
- guarantee that patients have the choice about where they are cared for, with full access to the dedicated care they need during this incredibly stressful time.
You will be paid for your full scheduled shift, not just the time spent on visits.
This is a permanent role for a Senior Health Care Assistant:
- Full-time or part-time hours are available
- Day or night shifts are available
You will be offered an additional 30% enhancement for night and weekend shifts, and 60% for any bank holidays.
If you are looking to develop further in your career in care, gain specialist skills and experience, and have a meaningful impact on the lives of people in your community, this could be the perfect role for you!
You must have at least 1 year’s recent experience in care.
You must have access to your own transport, as this role is community-based.
You must have a minimum of NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care; NVQ Level 3 (or working towards) is preferred.
- Enhanced pay for nights and weekends (30%) and bank holidays (60%)
- 45p per mile travel subsidies - a pool car is also available on a rotational basis
- Retail and leisure discount scheme
- Continuation of NHS pension & holiday allowance (T&Cs apply)
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- 27 days’ holiday, increasing to 33 with length of service, plus bank holidays and options to buy/sell
- Carers leave policy
- Employee assistance scheme
- Referral bonus scheme
- Free uniform