SEN Learning Support Assistant
London Borough of Hounslow
£21,749 - £24,501 per year
A specialist West London college has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join the team in supporting ambitious autistic learners (aged between 16 and 25 years) to reach their education goals.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will encourage and assist learners as they advance through their own personalised curriculum, specifically tailored to their aspirations, needs and abilities, and gain the skills they need for the lifestyle and career they choose.
As well as academic support, you will be able to help learners access a varied range of wider learning and development opportunities in a safe and effective way, as part of a team of dedicated education and health professionals (including teachers, occupational therapists, and speech therapists). This includes:
- Supported employment programmes
- Further education settings
- Leisure and social activities
- Community-based learning opportunities.
This is a permanent position for a Learning Support Assistant, ideally full-time (35 hours per week, Mon-Fri) but part-time hours may also be considered for the right candidate.
The college is proud to be led by a London Healthy Workplace Charter-accredited organisation – meaning they are committed to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of you and your colleagues, as well as your students.
You must have at least 5 GCSEs at grade A* to C / 4 to 9, including Maths and English.
You must have previous experience working with young people who are autistic / have SENDs.
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Generous company sick pay scheme
- Internal and external learning and development opportunities
- Private pension scheme
- Occupational health service
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Travel season ticket and bike loans
- Voluntary group health scheme