School Nurse – Part-Time
£15.70 per hour
A leading independent boarding school is now looking for a Registered Nurse (Adult) to join the team as a School Nurse and provide excellent nursing care to pupils as they grow and thrive.
Set within a sprawling countryside estate, the school takes an all-encompassing approach to education. With a truly fantastic array of activities, facilities and resources on offer, each pupil has the freedom and opportunities they need to explore their interests and vocations within and outside of academics, to develop an awareness and concern for those around them, and to grow into a confident and creative lifelong learner.
The nursing team, as part of the wider pastoral team, plays a crucial role in supporting a fulfilling school life for each pupil. As a School Nurse, you will:
- provide outstanding nursing & first aid care to the school community, including for ongoing conditions and any inpatient care within the Sick Bay.
- provide a safe space to pupils to promote mental and emotional wellbeing.
- assist with healthcare training and initiatives throughout the school.
This is a part-time, permanent School Nurse role, working term-term only. As the team cares for boarding pupils, shifts are split between 7am-2.30pm and 1.30-9pm (with some room for flexibility) and will include alternate weekends.
- You must be registered with the NMC as an RN Adult.
- You must have a clean driving licence (due to the rural location of the school).
- Previous experience as a School Nurse or in A&E is preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience with asthma, diabetes and allergy care is preferred but not essential.
- Private pension
- School holidays off