Staff Nurse / Senior Staff Nurse – Inpatient or Community
£27,805 - £35,177 per year DOE + 30% unsocial hours enhancements
A Bedford provider of specialist tertiary & community palliative care is now looking for a Registered Nurse or a Senior Registered Nurse to join the team, either as a Staff Nurse with the Inpatient Unit or as a Community Nurse with the at-home care hub.
The organisation provides around-the-clock support – from pain and symptom management to emotional and practical help – to individuals with life-limiting conditions and their families, whether they require more intensive short- or longer-term inpatient care, or prefer to receive specialist care within their own home. The service makes a real difference to the people who need it, wherever they need it.
As a Registered Nurse, whether with the IPU or the care hub, you will:
- develop skills in specialist end-of-life care, with full training and development provided.
- deliver tailored care and support for symptom management and emotional wellbeing.
- offer constructive advice to patients, families, and fellow care professionals.
- guarantee that patients have a voice, and are fully informed and included within the planning of their care.
This is a permanent role with full-time or part-time hours available. You will be offered an additional 30% enhancement for night and weekend shifts, and 60% for any bank holidays.
You must be registered with the NMC as a Registered Nurse.
Experience within neurological or specialist palliative care is preferred but not essential.
You must have access to your own transport – the IPU is not accessible by public transport, and a community-based role will involve travel.
- Enhanced pay for nights and weekends (30%) and bank holiday (60%) shifts
- Opportunities to learn and progress via development framework structure
- Free on-site parking
- 45p per mile travel subsidies
- Continuation of NHS pension & holiday allowance (T&Cs apply), or company pension and 27 days’ holiday, increasing to 33 with length of service (plus bank holidays and options to buy/sell)
- Retail and leisure discount scheme
- Subsidised on-site meals and free uniform
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Life assurance scheme
- Carers leave policy
- Employee assistance scheme