Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP)
£27,055 - £32,934 per year DOE
A community-focused provider of mental health services has a fantastic new opportunity for a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP) to join the team in Salford, supporting and assisting local people who are experiencing common mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, bereavement, and more.
The team is dedicated to providing safe, compassionate, and comprehensive psychological care, placing a strong emphasis on adaptability to make services accessible and constructive for all. Working closely with other local community organisations and wider health & social care providers, services are provided in a range of ways to best suit individual needs, including 1-to-1 and group sessions, online and face-to-face in a primary care setting.
As a qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner, you will be vital in providing support and guidance to those struggling with their mental health. With understanding and attentiveness, you will deliver effective talking therapies, advise on strategies to improve mood, and signpost to additional or more urgent services – giving each person a safe space to talk through their concerns and leave better equipped to move forward.
This is a permanent, full-time role (37.5h) for a qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP), working 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
You will be based primarily in the newly-refurbished office space in the heart of Salford, but some travel between local community settings (e.g. GP surgeries, primary care centres) will be required - access to your own personal transport will be highly beneficial.
- You must have completed a BSP-accredited Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP / IAPT) training programme.
- You must have previous mental health experience.
- You must be able to drive or reliably commute – this role will involve some travel between local community settings.
- Free on-site parking
- Modern and spacious central office with easy transport links
- Mileage subsidies
- Generous company pension scheme (employee 6.8% contribution; employer 8% contribution)
- 27 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities as part of CPD and talent support programmes
- Involvement in key internal workstreams
- Employee shared ownership programme
- Living Wage Employer, Investors in People® Silver