£36,192 per year
A leading national charity for vulnerable people is now looking for a kind and confident Occupational Therapist to join the team at their specialist mental health facility near Warrington. The charity provides supported housing, residential respite, homecare, and rehabilitation services all over the country, aiming to enable each person to maintain social inclusion, self-management, and independence so that they can continue to live with as a high quality of life as possible.
As an Occupational Therapist with the Warrington inpatient team, you will use your specialist expertise to help a small, focused caseload experiencing complex mental health conditions become empowered, actively take part in the community, and take back their independence, all with a high degree of autonomy. As such, the role comes with extensive opportunities for CPD and career development.
Once per week, you will travel to the residential service in Wigan to help the residents regain the skills and confidence they need to find and achieve their personal goals – travel expenses will be subsidised for this.
This is a permanent, full-time position for an Occupational Therapist (37.5h per week).
You must have valid registration with the HCPC as an Occupational Therapist.
You must have at least 2 years’ post-qualification experience as an Occupational Therapist.
Experience with occupational therapy for physical disabilities is preferrable but not essential.
Access to your own transport will be beneficial for travelling between services.
- 25 days + bank holidays annual leave allowance; buy and sell up to 2 weeks
- Private pension
- Death in Service benefit
- Access to financial platform Wagestream
- Retail and lifestyle discounts scheme
- Access to library of learning through e-learning portal
- Fully funded courses to earn qualifications e.g. Levels 2 to 6 in Health and Social Care, Management, Admin, and others
- Continuous professional development for professionally qualified colleagues
- Career development opportunities – 1 in 2 senior posts filled through internal promotion
- Travel schemes - cycle to work, car maintenance and 40p a mile travel expenses (for travel outside of job description)
- Colleague engagement hub and monthly colleague awards