Job title: Occupational Therapist
Salary: Up to £32,000 per year + benefits
Hours: Permanent, Full-time
Be part of a service that makes a real impact on the lives of children with ASDs and associated conditions.
A leading national children’s charity is looking for a dedicated Occupational Therapist to join their state-of-the-art Staffordshire centre, where they provide specialist services, equipment, therapies, and treatments to enable children to lead active and independent lives.
As one of the largest and fastest-growing voluntary providers of specialist equipment and support, the charity is now looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the multi-disciplinary therapy provision as part of this exciting period of expansion.
As an Occupational Therapist with the charity, you will work within the collaborative MDT to provide a dynamic autism specialist service, delivering expert assessment, advice, resources, and treatment programmes to young people – aged predominantly between 4 and 11 years old – and their families and carers, supporting them in a safe and homely environment to enhance both their functional skills and their management of sensory needs.
The Staffordshire centre is a purpose-built facility that incorporates quiet zones, specialist facilities, sensory rooms, and garden areas, which will enable you to develop a comprehensive profile and programme for each child.
You must have valid registration with the HCPC as an Occupational Therapist.
You must be a member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
You must have previous experience of working with autistic children and children who have learning disabilities.
- Flexible start and finish times (in-line with policy)
- Excellent collaborative working environment, within a purpose-built neurodiversity-friendly building on a university campus location
- Free on-site parking, including free charge points for electric cars
- Great work-life balance
- Above statutory minimum annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Occupational sick pay
- Employee health and wellbeing support - including an Employee Assistance Programme and walking and running groups
- Social events
- Opportunities for training, development, and support for CPD
- Organisational pension scheme
- And more!