Mental Health Coordinator – Service User Involvement
Part-Time (15 hours per week)
£20,041 per year (pro rata)
A leading Welsh charity is now looking for an empathetic and organised Mental Health Support Worker to join the team as a part-time Coordinator for Service User Involvement and help facilitate exceptional support within mental health services across Cardiff and The Vale.
As a part-time Coordinator for Service User Involvement, you will support engagement and involvement in mental health services, helping individuals to overcome barriers and acting on feedback to enhance service experience. This includes:
- Making involvement opportunities more visible and attractive to users of mental health services and their carers, including people who may face more challenges than others.
- Helping to assess any barriers to engagement and ensuring a solution-focused approach to overcoming these barriers.
- Enabling individuals who use co-occurring mental health and or substance misuse services to share their views & experiences and contribute to service improvements.
The charity itself provides comprehensive aid to vulnerable people with mental health, addiction & related conditions who are facing difficult circumstances, such as with substance misuse, the criminal justice system, or loss of sufficient housing/ employment.
This is a part-time position (15 hours/week) for a Mental Health Coordinator (Service User Involvement).
You must have previous experience of working with people who are disadvantaged and/or experiencing mental illness/substance misuse issues.
NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (or equivalent) is preferred but not essential.
- Private pension
- Full training and development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Life assurance policy
- Employee assistance services
- Employee prize draws
- Retail and leisure discount scheme