Health Care Support Worker– HCA
A new, cutting-edge service for young people’s mental healthcare is now looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic individual – whether an experienced Healthcare Assistant or someone just getting started in mental health – to join the team as a Health Care Support Worker.
As a Health Care Support Worker, you can play a key role in delivering outstanding care for children and young people with complex mental health needs. You will be able to:
- Support the nurses and other team members in providing focused care to a small number of young people.
- Act as a role model and mentor to young people who need mental health support.
- Gain specialist mental health skills and develop your career through the dedicated training academy.
- Take part in an innovative new pathway that aims to transform children’s mental healthcare.
The service itself is based in a traditional manor house with beautiful, extensive grounds, on-site therapeutic spaces and leisure facilities, and the latest in specialist systems and technology, meaning the children and young people who use the service can be fully supported through their recovery with the very best care and quality of life.
You must be passionate about helping young people who are experiencing poor mental health. With at least 1 years’ experience working in a care setting.
Previous experience of working within a hospital is desirable but not essential.
- Free on-site parking (good public transport links also available)
- Private pension
- Substantial training and development opportunities, including access to the training academy
- Annual leave increases with length of service
- On-site restaurant
- Access to the on-site health and leisure facilities
- Occupational health and wellbeing support