A new opportunity is now available for a Theatre Nurse (RN Adult) or Operating Department Practitioner (ODP) to join the team at a leading Glasgow hospital for surgical and elective healthcare services as an Endoscopy Practitioner.
The hospital is benefitting from an extensive ongoing investment that has kept its facilities and clinical technology at the forefront of the industry, recently seeing refurbishment of its patient bedrooms and the construction of additional operating theatres. The result is a high-quality, ultra-modern environment where patients can receive excellent, holistic care across a broad range of specialties, including endocrinology, cardiology, oncology, rheumatology, and more.
While the theatres see advanced procedures often requiring a longer stay – such as complex general, orthopaedic, and cosmetic surgeries – the endoscopy suite is a dedicated space for day-case procedures under sedation, made up of a consulting room, procedure room, and its own recovery area. As an Endoscopy Practitioner, you will join an experienced and highly skilled team in performing a wide range of investigations and surgeries, such as for ENT concerns, urinary tract dysfunction, and examinations of the large and small intestines, aided by the latest in endoscopic equipment for the smoothest possible diagnosis and treatment process.
This is a permanent, full-time (37.5h)position for anEndoscopy Practitioner. This would typically be over 5 days per week (Mon-Fri), but 4 longer days could also be accommodated.
- (Essential) Registration with the NMC (Registered Nurse, RN Adult) or the HCPC (Operating Department Practitioner, ODP)
- (Essential) Some previous endoscopy experience
- (Essential) Evidence of competence in endoscopy care and decontamination
Benefits and enhancements include:
- Modern environment with evident and ongoing investment
- Private healthcare scheme, covering pre-existing conditions
- Industry-leading, fully-funded CPD opportunities (incl. industry-recognised qualifications and leadership development)
- Friends & Family hospital discounts
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with length of service (pro rata for part-time)
- Enhanced benefits for new parents
- Non-contributory life assurance
- Access to substantial retail and leisure discounts, including the Blue Light Card
- Employee Assistance Programme for wellbeing support
- Employee referral and recognition schemes
- Private pension scheme
- And more!