Care Service Manager - Domiciliary or Housing Support
£26,923.79 - £28,918.15 per year (role-dependent)
A leading Welsh charity is now looking for a Health / Social Care Service Manager to lead one of their specialist services for people in Pembrokeshire living with a variety of complex needs.
The charity as a whole provides comprehensive aid to vulnerable people with mental health, addiction & related conditions who are facing difficult circumstances, such as with substance misuse, the criminal justice system, or loss of sufficient housing/employment. The charity has opportunities for a Service Manager to join one of 2 Pembrokeshire services:
- Domiciliary care — care at home for people with physical disabilities, mental health conditions, learning disabilities, frailty, and other complex needs.
- Housing support — supporting people with mental health / substance misuse conditions to live well independently, either in supported accommodation or in their own home.
As Service Manager, you will manage the team’s day-to-day activities, seamlessly cooperating with other local services and providing expert leadership to deliver the support residents need to become empowered, remain connected, and successfully manage their mental and physical health needs.
Each is a permanent, full-time role (37.5h per week) for a Care Service Manager. Participation in an on-call rota covering unsocial hours (including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays) is essential, and there may be occasions where you may be required to provide hands-on support.
Candidates must have:
- Previous experience in managing a social care / mental health service.
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (or equivalent) and willingness to work towards NVQ Level 5.
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours when required.
- A valid UK driving licence for occasional work-related travel needs.
- Company pension
- Potential for flexible shifts
- Full training and development opportunities
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Life assurance policy
- Employee assistance services
- Employee prize draws
- Retail and leisure discount scheme
- DBS and SCW registration fees paid for
- Cycle to Work scheme