A leading premium care home is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN Adult, RMN or RNLD) to join them as Unit Manager, supporting exceptional overnight care and luxury living surrounded by Dalkeith’s woodland greenery and rich history.
The home provides long-term and respite nursing care for older adults, with special attention paid to making the home as accessible as possible to residents with frailty, physical disability, and dementia-related needs during its design and construction. With a bright, welcoming atmosphere and cultivated sense of community, residents are fully supported to maintain their skills, independence, and social inclusion while enjoying all the finer things on offer.
As Unit Manager, you will be responsible for planning, directing, and monitoring night-time nursing care within your unit: implementing person-centred care plans, managing and mentoring your team, and building relationships with external clients and partners to maintain the safest and most effective level of care possible for your residents.
In return, the home is committed to offering you an outstanding place to work and will provide you with one of the care sector’s best career packages, alongside engagement opportunities, reward/recognition schemes, and bespoke options to up-skill, gain new qualifications and advance. Additionally, a £2,000 sign-on bonus is now available* to help you get settled in.
This is a permanent Unit Manager position, 33.75h per week with a nights-only working pattern.
Candidates will have:
- Active registration with the NMC; this may be as a Registered Nurse for Adults (RN Adult), Mental Health (RMN), or Learning Disabilities (RNLD).
- Experience caring for older adults with complex health needs.
- Experience managing and developing a team of Nurses.
Benefits/enhancements include (non-bank roles):
- £2,000 welcome bonus* (*T&Cs apply)
- Company pension scheme
- Easy access to public transport
- Paid breaks
- Enhanced rates for overtime and bank holidays
- Reimbursed NMC renewal fees
- Extensive range of holiday, retail, and leisure discounts
- Life insurance coverage
- Health and wellbeing assistance programme
- Monthly staff lottery offering cash prizes
- Unlimited access to Refer-a-Friend bonus scheme
- And more!