Worked your way up from a Healthcare Assistant or Support Worker role, and now looking for the perfect next step? We have a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong background in care to join a brand-new residential care home in Tadcaster as the home’s Deputy Manager.
Due to open in Winter 2023, the home is guaranteed to live up to its owner’s reputation for luxury. Taking advantage of a beautiful parkland location, the home is being purpose-built to integrate sumptuous furnishings and the latest mod-cons with research-based, memory-friendly features and techniques – the perfect blend of comfort and style for residents with age- or dementia-related needs.
Tadcaster itself is no slouch either. Midway between York and Leeds, this market town boasts beautiful Victorian architecture, a rich history with the brewing industry (including hosting Samuel Smith’s, Yorkshire’s oldest brewery) and stunning countryside views of the Vale of York for a lovely place to live and work.
As Deputy Manager, you will be primarily supporting the General Manager and providing leadership when they are absent: assisting with regulatory compliance, assuring safety, and looking after the team in terms of both wellbeing and skill level. With your help, we can make this home a truly outstanding place for top-level residential care – and you’ll get a matching workplace and benefits package in return too (including a £2,000 welcome bonus*!).
This is a permanent, full-time (40h) role for a Care Home Deputy Manager, days only.
Please note that public transport in the local area is limited; to reliably get to/from the home, you will need regular access to a car.
Candidates will have:
- A history of career and skill development within care.
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (or equivalent), ideally higher
- Experience with supervisory/management duties – e.g. conducting risk assessments and investigations, managing a budget, managing the activities of a team.
- Automatic enrolment into profit share scheme
- £2,000 welcome bonus*
- Substantial learning & development opportunities
- Extensive range of holiday, retail, and leisure discounts
- Life insurance coverage
- Health and wellbeing assistance programme
- Monthly staff lottery offering cash prizes
- Recognition and reward schemes
- Unlimited access to Refer-a-Friend bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- And more!