A Birmingham hospital for surgical and elective healthcare has new opportunities for a Theatre Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner to join their staff bank and supplement cutting-edge perioperative care during times of annual leave or sickness.
Benefitting from an extensive investment programme that has kept its facilities, technology, and equipment at the forefront of the industry, the hospital is able to offer both NHS and self-funded patients advanced procedures at the highest standard of care. Across 5 theatres and a minor operations room, the team regularly performs:
- A whole range of orthopaedic and spinal surgeries
- General surgeries, including vascular and breast
- Gynaecological and urological procedures.
- And other complex surgeries, such as for cardiac and cancer-related needs.
Surgical provisions are tightly coordinated with the wider services provided by the hospital, including comprehensive imaging, pharmacy, and physiotherapy services, and the team is proud to contribute to region-leading services for endometriosis and fertility care.
Whether you specialise in Scrub, Anaesthetics, or Recovery, your ad-hoc support will make you a valuable addition to a team offering consistently excellent, patient-centred care for each and every procedure.
This is a bank, ad-hoc Theatre Practitioner opportunity.
- (Essential) Registration with the NMC (Registered Nurse, RN Adult) or the HCPC (Operating Department Practitioner, ODP)
- (Essential) Previous experience within the operating theatre environment