Sterling Cross Ltd is committed to privacy for everyone who accesses the site. Under the Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we must comply with certain regulations which are designed to ensure that any data you provide to us is processed with due care and attention.
What sort of data do we collect?
Sterling Cross Ltd collects personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, address, e-mail address, work, education and history plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We also collect information in the aggregate to provide us with a better understanding of the users of our website as a group, but which does not contain personally identifiable information.
Why do we process this personal data?
We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. We may also use data collected in the aggregate to help us to understand our users as a group so that we can provide you with a better service.
Why do we collect and process sensitive personal data?
We collect and process sensitive personal data only so far as is necessary to ensure we conform to legal requirements, for example under the equality of opportunity laws. By using this website and by registering your details with us, you consent to us collecting and processing sensitive personal data supplied by you and disclosing this information to prospective employers and clients in connection with the recruitment process.
Do we pass data to third parties?
Where necessary we may pass data to third parties that help us to process data and to prospective or intended employers or customers for the purpose of recruitment. We may also share aggregate information with selected third parties but we do not disclose individual names or any identifying information.
How is this data safeguarded?
The security of your data is extremely important to us. Access to your personal data is only provided to our staff and third parties who help us to process data and, in order to help with the recruitment process, to prospective employers or customers.
How do we let you know if our policy changes?
Any policy changes, either due to business reasons or future changes in legislation, will be posted on this page or, if substantial, may be promoted on the website or through e-mail notification.
What are 'cookies' and why do we use them?
How do you remove your name from the database?
- this is when all data is collected and processed as a total to enable us to look at such information as demographic and geographic trends, so that we can try to produce a better service in the future..
- information which is being processed by equipment operating automatically in response to instructions given for that purpose, is recorded with the intention that it should be processed by means of such equipment, is recorded as part of a relevant filing system or with the intention that it should form part of a relevant filing system or forms part of an accessible record.
Data Protection Acts 1984 and 1998
- these are the Acts of Parliament which set out principles relating to the use of data to ensure that the rights of the person who is the subject of the data are protected under the law.
- data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from those data, or from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, Sterling Cross Ltd
- this is a statement by Sterling Cross Ltd which explains the ways that we try to protect our users' privacy.
- the process of gaining employment and recruiting new staff and the ongoing administrative process involved once a user has gained employment or recruited new staff.
- Sterling Cross Ltd and its subsidiary/associated companies.
Sensitive personal data
- personal data consisting of information as to the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, the commission or alleged commission of any offence or any proceedings related to any offence.
- these are companies and people other than Sterling Cross Ltd and the group of companies of which it is part.
- people who use our website and register their details with us for the purposes of recruitment, either to gain employment or for the purposes of recruiting new staff.