Location : Windsor
Salary : to £40,000 + Golden Hello plus benefits
Description : This Leading Healthcare group operates hospitals UK wide providing private healthcare, medical and surgical services to many patients each year.
Their Windsor hospital, continually delivers an outstanding patient experience to all who are treated on-site and this is reflected in their excellent patient satisfaction scores year on year.
They have an exciting opportunity for an Infection Prevention and Control Lead (RN Adult/ODP) to join their team working with both clinical and non-clinical staff across the hospital.
They are looking for registered practitioner who is passionate about IPC and able to work across all disciplines in a busy acute hospital.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. We would also consider 30 hours a week for the right candidate.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is addressed in all areas of the hospital, and reflected throughout all activity related to healthcare provision.
- To develop with the DIPC and lead on the hospital's annual IPC programme
- To participate and guide as the IPC Lead with all new business, new build and refurbishment.
- Ensuring compliance to the HCAI code (DH 2010) for CQC requirements in England and equivalent for hospitals in Scotland and Wales.
- To ensure environmental cleaning is sufficient and appropriate to the level of risk in each area of the hospital in partnership with housekeeping department.
- To provide comment and advice on the purchase, introduction and use of equipment in relation to IPC issues.
- To support the local Waste Officer in all waste management but especially in the management of the clinical waste stream.
Person Specification :
- Registered Nurse (or other profession e.g. Operating Department Practitioner).
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent).
- Specialist knowledge to a level defined for that hospital
- Able to apply specialist knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls.
- Presentation skills.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
As well as a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing up to 30 days with long service
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption Leave
- Market leading learning and development, including free courses and industry recognised qualifications
- Nationwide Gym discounts & Online Fitness Classes
- Staff Health Checks
- Discount Card for 1,000s of nationwide discounts and exclusive offers
- Cycle to Work - and much more!