Location: Southend on Sea
Salary: £32,000-£38,000 + benefits
Description: This leading independent hospital group has been putting patients at the heart of everything they do for over 40 years. They work towards one vision; to provide the best care possible. They are committed to looking after people, both patients and staff.
There is an opportunity now available for a Surgical First Assistant/Perioperative Practitioner (RN Adult/ODP) to join their friendly and highly skilled theatre teams..
Consultants come to work with them from all across the UK and you will work closely with them and be exposed to the latest innovative, evidence-based clinical techniques.
As a Surgical First Assistant/Perioperative Practitioner (RN Adult/ODP) you will provide exemplary planned care for patients requiring perioperative intervention, supporting the management and organisation of care provision in the operating theatre, taking on the roles of a surgical practitioner, dual role and advanced surgical practitioner with extended skills.
You will assist the perioperative managers to deliver effective patient care by providing appropriate clinical support assisting the theatre manager to effectively maximise theatre utilisation.
The Hospital covers a wide variety of surgical procedures, you will support in assessing patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient's needs. You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organise data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others.
Positions are full time (37.5 hours per week) will include some weekend working, although part time hours will also be considered.
- Registered Practitioner/ODP with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Evidence of current Surgical Care Practitioner or Surgical First Assistant course/qualification.
- Extensive post qualification experience in operating theatres.
- Advanced knowledge of a range of surgical procedures and show evidence of current practice and theory in the field.
- Excellent communication, supervisory and auditing skills with the ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team, providing a competency based training programme.
- Highly motivated individual who has a flexible approach, with good time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
They offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- Company reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
They commit to their employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.