Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Description: Our client is currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager to lead their fantastic MDT. The role is based within a modern nursing home in Romford. You would be joining a wonderful home that places huge emphasis on providing the best care possible to all their residents. The home that you would enter is a specialist in elderly and palliative care as well as care for young people with physical disabilities.
We're looking to recruit an RGN to join the team as the deputy manager for the home. The ideal candidate will have managerial experience, preferably within a palliative care setting. You will work closely with the Registered Manager and deputise in his/her absence, ensuring the home runs smoothly.
You would be responsible to manage the day-to-day provision of nursing care to designated unit and other clinical areas within the Nursing Home. You will take an active role in budget activity and resource management, while continuing to practice as a professional nurse, acting with confidence, authority and experience.
* Re-validation support
* Comprehensive induction programs
* Fantastic opportunities for training and progression
* 28 days annual leave (pro-rata)
Requirements of a Deputy Manager
* NMC registered general nurse
* Leadership/management qualification
* Mentorship in practice (ENB 998 or equivalent)
* Good listening and communication skills
* Ability to demonstrate leadership skills
* Experience in palliative care would be of an advantage
Person Specification: You will need to be an NMC registered general nurse (RGN), with a mentoring qualification. Experience of palliative care would be beneficial however not essential. You will need to demonstrate managerial experience and good managerial skills.