Location: Westminster, London
Salary: Starting at £9.30-£10.42 per hour
Description: Our client has been established for over 50 years as a specialist provider of support services for individuals of all ages with learning disabilities. Our client is an award-winning employer, which celebrates adult social care employers committed to delivering high quality care in the industry.
This award-winning charity's vision is to enable learning disabled Londoners to stay healthy and be safely supported to live within society. They have a range of services that support people with disabilities including people with complex needs and profound multiple disabilities, with an emphasis on family relationships. They operate in Westminster and other London Boroughs and proudly boast an array of 'Good' and 'Outstanding' CQC ratings across their numerous London sites.
We are looking for passionate support workers to join our client's growing team, with full time and part time opportunities available.
Requirements of a Support Worker
* A caring attitude
* The ability to work on your own initiative
* Good listening and communication skills
* The ability to understand and follow policies and procedures
* Good writing skills to fill in documentation
* Must be able to do personal care
Responsibilities of a Support Worker
* · Able to meet a wide range of service users' needs, including the management of behaviours that can challenge and the completion of personal care tasks
* · Promoting independence within a positive working environment
* · To ensure that each client's dignity and independence is always preserved and promoted.
* · Provided person centred care while promoting health and wellbeing
* · Offering high quality support to adults with learning disabilities
* · Promoting the Society's core values through your work and the way you behave
* · Work as part of a team within agreed policies and procedures
* · Ensure that there is a safe, secure and stimulating environment for the service user
* · Enthusiasm and the commitment to see things through and care about the service users
Person Specification: NVQ Level 2 or Advanced Diploma in Health & Social Care is not mandatory, however it is beneficial. You don't need experience to work with our client, although you must have a positive attitude and be passionate about supporting people with learning disabilities.
* Fantastic support with Learning, Training & Extensive Career Development Opportunities
* Career opportunities within company to progress to senior carer, team leader
* Up to 30 days' annual leave with the option of trading-in leave for additional pay
* Opportunities to earn additional annual leave
* Travel loan scheme
* Generous contributory pension scheme
* High quality support and supervision