Salary: £27,000 - £32,000p/a
Description: We are currently looking for a Nurse to work for a children's School which supports children and young people with complex learning difficulties including Autism, physical and sensory needs.
This post represents an excellent opportunity to work as part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team, specialise in a challenging and rewarding area of nursing care in an environment where you will really get to know each pupil and the chance to influence their outcomes from start to finish.
Successful candidate are likely to demonstrate:
* Current NMC Registration in one or more of the following disciplines; LD, RNMH, General Adult, Paediatrics at Diploma or Degree level
* Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
* Experience working with children with complex needs
* Experience in a service development and/or leadership
* Experience in health promotion activities
* Experience in running a nurse led clinic
* Experience of care coordination
* Knowledge of assessment and intervention approaches for children with complex needs
* Specialist clinical knowledge E.G. Epilepsy, PEG/JEJ management, Sensory and complex, Childhood development needs
* Experience at safe medicines management
* The ability to work within a rota pattern including weekends as required to meet the needs of the service
* The ability to work closely and effectively with the MDT, parents and others in order to support children.
* The ability to create, implement and review therapy care plans
* Knowledge of current intervention policies, practice and national drivers
* The ability to work autonomously, flexibly and under sometimes challenging conditions
Full time and part time hours available!
Person Specification: All applicants must hold a first level qualification in Mental Health Nursing ( RMN ) Learning Disabilities Nursing ( RNLD ) Registered General Nurse ( RGN ) or Registered Sick Children's Nurse ( RSCN ) within the UK along with a current valid PIN.
Benefits: Staff benefits include life assurance, pension plan, high street discounts, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme, paid holiday pro rata, training and development.