Description ; The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills. You will need to be able to motivate staff and support them to provide exceptional care and support and encourage them to reap the benefits of providing this support, despite the complexities of need. You will ensure staff implement person-centred support plans and promote opportunities for growth and development for themselves as employees and for the individuals they support.
As a successful candidate you will have/be:
* The drive and enthusiasm to manage a team in a way that creates a culture of self-autonomy and teamwork.
* At least 1 years' experience as a Team Leader or similar role. This may also be as a support worker that leads a shift.
* Ideally experience of working with people that have a learning disability and/or mental health needs.
* A level 3 social care management qualification or equivalent, or willingness to train towards this qualification.
* You will be PC literate, hold a full UK driving licence and will be able to share the on-call duty management with other managers.
* It is essential that you are a strong people manager who can develop, mentor and coach staff and can demonstrate a strong drive to delivering excellent, person-centred services.
Person Specification Candidates will Ideally have a QCF Level 2/NVQ II qualification in Social Care or be willing to work towards this qualification during employment.
Benefits: A full benefits package is available which also includes a full training & Induction programme, and other opportunities for personal development.