Location: Clevedon, North Somerset
Salary: Starting hourly rate £10, increases to £11.25 once fully trained. Full Time.
Description: Would you enjoy caring for a 13-year-old son with a cheeky sense of humor and a smile that lights up the room?
A rewarding opportunity has come up to join an enthusiastic and skilled family-led support-package team providing the highest standards of care to ensure Elijah, their young man, remains healthy and happy.
Having suffered a severe brain injury, aged 2, he needs assistance with all activities of daily living. He always has two support workers with him, many of whom were inexperienced in delivering clinical nursing care prior to joining their excellent team.
There is a wealth of excellent experience, training and support on offer within the team and the package manager provides regular team training from appropriate outside agencies.
Elijah likes going to school, loves swimming and hot-tubs, going to the cinema, listening to audiobooks and watching cookery programs on TV. He particularly enjoys spending time outdoors with nature.
Person Specification: The ideal candidate needs to be:
- Easy going, upbeat and enthusiastic and love being with children
- Have lots of energy and a willingness to learn new skills
- Enjoy working as part of a dynamic and lively team
- Have high standards of personal hygiene
- A desire to develop clinical nursing skills, knowledge and understanding to care for this young boy
- Be calm and collected
- Have a sense of humor and an outgoing, fun personality
- Be able to respond to situations without panicking
- Be patient and conscientious with attention to detail and desire to maintain high standards
- Be able to work 12.5 hour shifts (days, waking nights, weekends and bank holidays)
- Drive a mobility vehicle
The posts primary location is within the family home and as such, candidates need to be aware and respectful of boundaries. The position is based within the family home and in the wider community. There will be occasions whereby it is necessary to travel to alternative locations such as hospital appointments, day trips or holidays.
Being respectful to Mum, Kaddy's views and opinions is paramount. You will report directly to the young boy's Mother who is also manager of his package of support.
Ideally you will be available for a full-time position although a part-time position may also be considered for the right individual.
NVQ 2 qualification is desirable, but consideration will also be given to applicants without previous experience of care. Full specialist care training is provided.
In return for your expertise and commitment, you will be rewarded with:
- An extremely attractive salary and a very varied and exciting role
- The position is based within the family home and in the wider community. There will be occasions whereby it is necessary to travel to alternative locations such as day trips or to facilitate holidays.
- You will receive personalised support as a worker through supervision, team development activities and extensive high-quality training.