Salary: £23,023 TO £29,608 per annum
Description: This is one of the largest teaching hospital trusts in England; serving a regional, national and international population. The Trust provides a full range of services across South Birmingham, East Birmingham, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth and South Staffordshire.
They are now looking for NMC qualified Nurses to work in older adult services.
The older people they see are often very frail, ill, confused and in pain and may have a variety of physical and mental conditions; including immobility, confusion, recovering from falls and general illnesses such as chest infections. The aim of their care is to help patients recover to the point that they can either return to their own home or to further care in the community
* They can offer you the opportunities for bespoke rotational positions across one site or all sites
* Or working on one ward/unit at one of the hospitals
* Or bespoke rotational positions (one year programme; three areas at four months per placement). Then decide where you would like to be based.
* Or bespoke rotational positions within the Hospital and Community Services (one year programme; six months per placement). Then decide where you would like to be based.
* Full time/part time hours and agreed working days
* Opportunities for those that want to retire and return
* Opportunities for those requiring Tier 2 Sponsorship
* Opportunities for those wanting to move from Primary Care to Acute Care
* Term Time and Bank working
* Relocation costs will be taken into consideration on an individual basis
All successful applicants will also have the opportunity to complete a development programme tailored to the needs of older adults which includes:-
* caring for patients with dementia and delirium
* becoming a Dignity and Older Peoples Champion
* assessment skills for the older adult
* tissue viability care for the older adult
* resilience training and compassion circles
Benefits: NHS Pension, Annual leave increasing with length of service, Occupational sick pay scheme, A range of policies and initiatives, including flexible working, which help staff to balance their work and lives outside of work, Health and Wellbeing Service, Nursery/childcare services, including discounts at holiday play schemes, Education, Training & Development and NHS Staff discounts scheme