Location: Cayman Islands
Salary: KY $45,000 to $60,000
Description: This outstanding Hospice is a not for profit organisation, dedicated to providing dignified, quality comfort care, free of charge, to everyone living in the Cayman Islands with cancer or other end-stage diseases. They are committed to enhancing and improving the lives of all those affected by death, and to assuring long-term emotional, spiritual and general well-being to family members after loss
Candidates will be responsible for providing direct nursing care for Hospice and Palliative patients in their homes and in the Hospice in patient facility.
Candidates with specialised training in Hospice and Palliative Care are preferred, however candidates with experience working in-inpatient and domiciliary based hospices or similar background will be considered.
Candidates must be able to obtain a license to practice with the Cayman Islands Nursing and Midwifery Council. A driver's licence and own vehicle are essential. Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be prepared to work extended hours when necessary.
A minimum of four years post- registration experience and at least two years Hospice and Palliative care is essential.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* - Provide nursing care to persons with terminal and chronic illnesses;
* - Provide nursing care both in the home and the CHC Inpatient Unit;
* - Provide physical and emotional support to family and friends;
* - Provide bereavement support;
* - Produce clinical documentation as required;
* - Liaise with GP's, social workers and/or district nurses;
* - Liaise with volunteers.
Benefits: As per the Labour Law in the Cayman Islands