Location: Near Canterbury, on the A2.
Salary: £8-£9 per hour
Description: This Residential Home have been providing high-quality care for elderly residents since 1985 and pride themselves on having an excellent reputation within the local community.
They set a very high standard in care and attention for the elderly, with help on hand 24 hours a day, administered in a way that protects and promotes the dignity and independence of each resident.
They aim to have an informal, friendly atmosphere where residents feel happy, contented and secure in every way.
They now have an opportunity for a Care Assistant . You will be responsible for;
* the well-being of residents, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
* Promoting residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
* Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
* Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group
* Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
* A passion for caring for the elderly
* A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times
* Good communication skills
* Ideally, some experience in a care environment with an NVQ level 2, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field
Benefits: 28 days annual leave allowance, pension scheme, health insurance, as well as professional support and development.