This is a non-profit medical charity, a hospital and home who provide both short and long-term specialist services (assessment, rehabilitation and disability management) for adults with profound or complex disabilities resulting from damage to the brain or nervous system. Through these services they seek to enable people with profound neuro-disability to enjoy an optimal quality of life.
An exciting post for a Staff Nurse has become available in one of our client's specialist centres, a nursing home caring for patients with complex neurological disabilities.
We are looking for enthusiastic and positive nursing staff who will learn specialised clinical skills, developing long term supportive relationships with each patient, their family and friends. You will receive training and support in complex postural management, tracheotomy, tracheostomy management (including changing and replacement), gastronomy and jejunostomy. This is a busy unit which offers huge scope for a nurse looking to take the next step in their career.
Our client is looking for a nurse leader who can support a Ward Manager to help build a confident, high quality and caring team who are experts in their field. You will be responsible for championing and guiding a diverse range of nursing and health care assistant staff whilst working alongside other multi-disciplinary colleagues.
Successful applicants will have:
* A recognised nursing qualification (RN, RGN, RMN)
* Evidence of continuing professional development
* Clinical knowledge and experience of nursing in similar ward/unit
* The ability to negotiate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
* Demonstrable clinical skills and good practice skills
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing.
* Good understanding of relevant compliance standards, codes of practice, and statutory and professional regulations
* A valid NMC Pin Number
* Golden Hello (financial support for relocation costs)
* Free on-site parking
* Generous staff pension scheme
* Season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers
* Virgin Health Discounts and onsite yoga
* Access to on site staff accommodation
* Cycle to work scheme