Founded in 1854, and set in picturesque grounds in Putney, our client is one of the oldest independent hospitals and medical charities in the UK.
Today, they continue to enhance dignity, independence and quality of life for every single one of their patients and residents who rely on the rehabilitation and care they provide. They are widely respected as an authority on neuro-disability care, provide training in neuro-care, and research advances into the science of care for individuals with neuro-disabilities.
They offer both short and long-term specialist services (assessment, rehabilitation and disability management) for adults with profound or complex disabilities resulting from damage to the brain or nervous system. Through these services they seek to enable people with profound neuro-disability to enjoy an optimal quality of life.
An exciting post for a Staff Nurse has become available in our client's Brain Injury Service, a centre which admits and assesses patients with an acquired brain injury who will undergo disability management and potential active rehabilitation.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated nurses who are eager to learn much sought after clinical skills. You will acquire skills in respiratory management, continence and tissue viability, whilst also having access to expert knowledge from an interdisciplinary team of Allied Health Professionals. This is a busy unit which offers huge scope for a nurse looking to take the next step in their career.
Our client is looking for a nurse leader who can support a Ward Manager to help build a confident, high quality and caring team who are experts in their field. You will be responsible for championing and guiding a diverse range of nursing and health care assistant staff whilst working alongside other multi-disciplinary colleagues.
Successful applicants will have:
* A recognised nursing qualification (RN, RGN, RMN)
* The ability to negotiate and work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
* Demonstrable clinical skills and good practice skills
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing.
* Good understanding of relevant compliance standards, codes of practice, and statutory and professional regulations
* The ability to work in the EEC
Suitable for newly qualified nurses, preceptorship programme available!
* Golden Hello (financial support for relocation costs)
* Free on-site parking
* Generous staff pension scheme
* Season ticket loan
* Childcare vouchers
* Virgin Health Discounts and onsite yoga
* Access to on site staff accommodation
* Cycle to work scheme