Salary: pro rata £18,749p/a
Description: An opportunity has arisen for a Healthcare Assistant to join a well-established independent hospital that specialises in providing the highest quality of service to people with mental health problems. Based in Hertfordshire, the successful Healthcare Assistant will join the care team to earn a competitive salary of £18,749 pa (pro rata).
All HCAs work over a two-week shift pattern of 3 days one week, and 4 days the next, averaging the hours out to 42 per week. Both the staff team and service take a flexible approach to working hours. Please be aware this shift pattern includes weekends and occasional nights. Night shifts are currently set at 1 in 5 weeks.
The hospital provides a High Dependency Rehabilitation Service with a capacity of 31 beds. We provide care and treatment for the full spectrum of mental health illness with all patients being funded by the NHS. As a Healthcare Assistant, your main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
* Delivering a caring and effective, client focused service, in keeping with the aims, objectives and standards of the hospital
* Delivering sensitive and appropriate clinical care to meet individual's needs, respecting personal dignity and beliefs
* Working closely with the nursing team
* Ensuring that ad-hoc and scheduled support is provided to our patient population focusing on person centred care.
* Interacting in a positive, respectful and natural manner with all patients
* Identifying signs that may indicate that patients are at risk either to others or to themselves and reporting these concerns to the relevant staff members
* Reporting any concerning behaviours or conversation topics with patients immediately
To be considered for the Healthcare Assistant position you must understand the need to work flexibly and creatively. In addition, although experience in the field would be preferred it is not essential providing you possess the following key skills and experience:
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Great team player and capable of working on own initiative
* Friendly, passionate, patient and helpful
* Responsible and honest
* Strong organisational and time-keeping skills
* Practical with a proactive approach
Benefits: WHAT WE OFFER!
Excellent location with public transport access within walking distance and a minute's drive from the A1.
Benefits include a competitive salary, company pension and holiday entitlement. If you're a passionate individual looking to develop your career in the field of mental health, we provide diversified career opportunities with an ability to provide a good work/life balance and opportunities for attaining further qualifications. We place a strong emphasis on training and staff development with various advancement opportunities suited to your interests and skills.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic and forward-looking service. If you are interested in this role, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter detailing your skills and experience for the role.
Additional information : Successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks of applying
All appointments to the hospital service are subject to registration with the Vetting and Barring scheme and the receipt of a Disclosure at the appropriate level which is acceptable to