Salary: £22,128 - £35,557p/a
Description: Due to natural progression a local authority who provides all secondary Adult Mental Health Services in Cornwall are now recruiting into substantive band 5 and 6 community positions. This is a rapidly developing and expanding organisation that prides itself on providing quality care to its service users and their Integrated Community Mental Health teams work with people experiencing severe and enduring mental health problems. They are rated as 'Good' by the CQC so are now working towards being outstanding and have a number of exciting pilots and projects in place to help them achieve that goal. Over the past 12 months they have listened to their staff and recognised the high level of demand on their services, together with the challenges and pressures being experienced by their motivated and cohesive multidisciplinary teams.
Key changes include:
* Development of a countywide assessment service - to ensure faster and more consistent access to specialist mental health services
* Countywide caseload management protocols for clients in residential placements.
* Designated out of County Care Coordinator to ensure co-ordination and monitoring of people requiring temporary placements in treatment settings outside of Cornwall.
* Introduction of a new Low Intensity Caseload for clients not requiring CPA.
* Setting up a Green Light Team to facilitate more joint working between adult mental health and learning disability services.
* Expansion of our Perinatal mental health service with new posts
* Launch of new psychological therapies pathways to increase access of ICMHT clients to a range of evidence-based psychological interventions.
* Introduction of additional, specialist psychological therapist roles within the Integrated Community Mental Health Teams.
* Further enhancing psychological therapies resource by offering training opportunities in specific modalities to nursing staff and job planning time to use therapy skills on a regular basis.
* A new operational policy reflecting the above and launching a new caseload weighting tool.
We have current vacancies for teams in the following areas:-
v Assessment service roles
v Therapy and brief intervention
v Care co-ordination and case management
We can offer you bespoke job plans to reflect your skills, experience and area of interest. So if you already know what you are good at and enjoy doing, or if you are looking for your next challenge to consolidate your training or develop new skills, come and talk to us and we'll be delighted to explore the possibilities!
Person Specification: All applicants must hold a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and have a legal right to work in the UK.
Benefits: : Excellent locations, benefits include a highly sought after salary, pension scheme, Life assurance, car scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, revalidation support, Relocation Packages are available, discounts from various retailers, hotels and main attractions, generous holiday entitlement, training / advancement opportunities, and diversified career opportunities with an ability to provide a good work/life balance.