Location: Sub-tropical Island, South Atlantic
Salary: £30,000 Plus international supplement
Description: This the opportunity of a lifetime for an experienced Physiotherapist to work in a beautiful setting, located in a sub-tropical Island of the South Atlantic Ocean.
As a Physiotherapist in St Helena, you will:
* You will be responsible for administering general physiotherapy within the hospital, residential care homes and community.
* Manage physiotherapy clinics, planning general courses of treatment for outpatients.
* Carry out exercise regimes for post myocardial infarction patients and chaperoned pelvic floor exercise regimes, liaising with the Community Nurses on sports related injuries, including school visits.
* Teaching and assessing staff on a mobility rehabilitation programme within the wards and units, you will support the teaching of lifting techniques and manual handling.
* You will be responsible for implementing a 'falls prevention strategy', thereby identifying and monitoring the population at risk.
* When required, you will participate in overseas medical referral meetings and CPD meetings with doctors and produce ergonomic studies.
In addition, you must demonstrate the core values of fairness, integrity and teamwork and use your diverse expertise and experiences to ensure your time on the Island has the broadest benefit to St Helena. As an officer funded by the UK Government through the Technical Co-Operation Programme you will be expected to share your knowledge and skills beyond the workplace contributing to workforce, community and capacity development in St Helena.
* Physiotherapy Degree;
* Registration with the relevant regulatory body or local regulatory body
* At least 5 years' clinical experience post registration;
* Up-to-date with Continuing Professional Developmental (CPD) records;
* Computer literate;
* Knowledge and experience of working in an acute hospital setting
* Good command of the English language.
Benefits: Benefits package and allowances are available depending on the length of contract.