Healthcare Assistant (HCA) – Hospital
Staffordshire – Stafford or Stoke-on-Trent
£20,270 - £21,318 per year
A fantastic opportunity is now available for an ambitious Healthcare Assistant to join the team at a local acute hospital, either in Stoke or Stafford, and help provide a broad range of general and specialised healthcare services to people within and around Staffordshire.
Healthcare Assistants play a vital role throughout the hospital, assisting and supporting the multi-disciplinary team (including nurses, midwives, doctors, and more) so that safe and effective care can be offered to everyone, always.
As your gain experience in your field, you will be able to take on further learning opportunities that see you progress, including towards becoming a Nurse Associate or Registered Nurse! Apprenticeships are also offered to those with limited experience in care.
This is a permanent position for a Healthcare Assistant, with full-time and part-time working patterns available; flexibility with shifts and hours can be accommodated.
Previous experience within a care setting is desirable but not essential.
You must have evidence of good numeracy & literacy functional skills, and a genuine interest in caring for people.
- Great flexibility with shifts
- Health worker discounts for retail and leisure
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Learning & development pathways, incl. working towards becoming a Registered Nurse
- Clinical supervision from experienced educators
- 27 days’ annual leave + public holidays, increasing with length of service (pro rata)
- Local public transport discounts
- Annual pay reviews
- Established staff networks to promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Employee assistance and occupational health schemes
- Recognition and reward schemes
- Salary sacrifice schemes