Our client, a nurse-led clinical services provider, is searching for a Clinical Community Homecare Nurse (RN Adult).
The Homecare Nurse will be responsible for providing high quality, cost effective clinical care to a caseload of patients across all therapy areas within a reasonable travelling distance.
You will communicate effectively always and at all levels within the company and with external customers, patients and their families.
To promote a progressive attitude to the continuous improvement of standards of care through research and evidence-based practice.
Accountabilities & Activities:
- Accountable for the competent and confident delivery of high-quality clinical care to all patients across nursing services through careful assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care needs and requirements.
- Assist referring centres, hospitals, and consultants in planning a smooth transition of patient care from secondary care to homecare setting
- Participate in clinical audit to drive service improvements as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic evidence-based nursing care.
- Ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed ‘best practice’.
- Demonstrate a professional approach to work and act in accordance with the NMC’s code of Professional Standards of Practice and Behaviour for Nurses and Midwives at all times.
- Acknowledge any limitations of competence and seek advice and support as necessary.
- Maintain own registration with NMC whilst complying with the requirements of revalidation.
- Act as an advocate for the patient and family providing information, support and direction to other support services as appropriate.
- Ensure all patient care is documented and that all relevant records are completed accurately, and within agreed timescales, using company approved documentation in line with NMC, CQC standards and UKAS Regulations.
- Accountable for reporting all activity, risks and issues in line with Wren Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Escalate to line manager or appropriate referring clinician any changes in any patient’s health and wellbeing or information that requires reporting.
- Assist with ongoing education and training of patients and families.
- Communicate effectively, promoting open and trusting relationships.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other professionals involved in their care, overcoming barriers, and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- Participate in surveys, audit, and implementation of new services.
- Maintain confidentiality in line with all current legislation.
- Delegate tasks and duties that are within another person’s scope of competence, making sure that they fully understand the instructions.
- Ensure that anyone that is delegated to are adequately supervised and supported so they can provide safe and compassionate care.
- Confirm that the outcome of any task delegated to someone else meets the required standard.
- NMC Registered – RGN/RN Adult
- Driving licence and own vehicle
- Previous Community Nursing experience.
- Fuel card
- Mileage paid door to door
- NMC registration paid monthly
- Additional holiday allowance
- Professional Development